This year the drink of choice is Rainbow Sangria.
Here is how to make it.
- 1 refrigerated bottle dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 cups diced rainbow fruit (*see below*)
- 2 oz. brandy
- 1/2 cup club soda or ginger ale
Combine wine, sugar/honey, lime juice, brandy, club soda, and stir until combined. Then add the fruit in the various colors. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
To make a rainbow of fruit, you will need bite-sized fruit in the following colors.
- Red: strawberries, raspberries, pomegranates
- Orange: mandarin oranges, any other kind of orange/clementine wedge
- Yellow: fresh (not canned) pineapple
- Green: kiwi, green grapes
- Blue: blueberries
- Purple: red grapes, blackberries